Important information for customers of www.punch-clock.com
, and more.
You have not been redirected to this site by accident!
Following suit in a court of law, the company using the
above URLS to sell and distribute time clock software, was found guilty of Trademark Violation, and forced to
surrender their domain names.
Facts about the situation:
- Punch Clock, Inc. of Ft. Lauderdale, FL has been the legal copyright holder of the Punch Clock name since 1993.
- The people who owned the above sites began illegally using our copyrighted name in 2001 to promote thier own software.
- Punch Clock, Inc. tried to amicably ask the company to stop marketing software under our name for 6 years.
- Punch Clock, Inc. did not HIJACK the above domain names. They were awarded to us via the US court system.
- These same people continue to use the phrase "Punch Clock" to illegally sell their software.
The individual behind the above discretions, the owner of Smart Software Development and current owner of Lion Clock is currently in
bankruptcy court as of April 2010.
More about this can be read here.
We would heartily suggest becoming aquainted with the facts and potential for loss before attempting to do business the above company.
Again, click here for more about this.
For legal info, visit http://www.finnegan.com/punchclockincvsmartsoftwaredevelopment/
Visit the official and legal Punch Clock website at www.punchclock.com
An open letter to anyone who has done business with one of the above websites in the past:
If you purchased a timeclock program over the internet from www.punch-clock.com, www.lionclock.com, www.lion-clock.com,
www.lionclocksoftware.com, and many others it is quite possible that
you purchased a software package from a company blatantly violating copyright law. After extensive litigation
in the United States court system, our company was awarded the victory and awarded the domain names as partial compensation.
Our sincerest regrets go out to those of you who were fooled
by those who used our good name to lure away our customers, and hope you would consider taking a look at the legitimate software we have to offer.
Steve Chess, Owner of Punch Clock, Inc.
P.S. Before making a decision, take these items into consideration:
- Try our program free of charge. If you don't like it, uninstall it.
- We are an american company, located in Fort Lauderdale, FL since 1993.
- We sell two licenses for our software for single or network editions, whether you have 5 or 500 employees. We don't charge by number of employees or the number of workstations.
- Our software is in active development.
Visit us at www.punchclock.com
for more information.